Last Updated on August 31, 2022 by William R. Vargas
Though the market is flooded with all sorts of ladders, a step ladder can be the right pick for DIY projects. Whether you need one for home use or commercial purposes, step ladders enable you to reach places you can’t while standing upright. Without a doubt, they are invaluable tools when changing bulbs, painting, landscaping, decorating, and construction.
Again, they got a supportive a-frame structure to enhance stability, so; you do not need to lean it against a wall or anything. Also, they are portable and highly foldable to save your storage space.
Don’t fret if you are under a budget as you can get the best step ladder under $100. But remember, they come in different sizes and forms. Save time and check out our below options of the best step ladders under $100.
- 1 Top 5 Best Step Ladders Under $100
- 2 1. HBTower 4 Step Folding Ladder
- 3 2. Werner 6204 Type 1A Fiberglass Stepladder
- 4 3. Asoopher 3 Step Aluminum Folding Step Ladder
- 5 4. Delxo 4 Step Heavy Duty Folding Ladder
- 6 5. EFINE 3-Step Folding Ladder
- 7 Best Step Ladder Buying Guide- Top Considerations
- 8 How tall a step ladder do I need?
- 9 Which is the strongest type of step ladder?
- 10 What is the most common type of ladder accident?
- 11 Safety when using a Step ladder
- 12 What is better, aluminum or fiberglass step ladder?
- 13 Frequently Asked Question
- 14 Conclusion
Our 5 Top Picks List Here
|#||Step Ladder List:|
|1||HBTower 4 Step Folding Ladder|
|2||Werner 6204 Type 1A Fiberglass Stepladder|
|3||Asoopher 3 Step Aluminum Folding Step Ladder|
|4||Delxo 4 Step Heavy Duty Folding Ladder|
|5||EFINE 3 Step Folding Ladder|
Top 5 Best Step Ladders Under $100
1. HBTower 4 Step Folding Ladder
You can consider this step ladder for your DIY projects within your home. Indeed, it’s a piece of ideal equipment for decorating your home, fixing bulbs, reaching height objects many other projects. Still, it can serve you well during construction when painting or picking objects beyond your reach.
Also, you’ll see the paint tray to hold some of your painting tools and hardware. This ladder has four steps with padded rubber feet. Think of this comfy equipment with an anti-slip design on the handgrip and feet.
- Large tool tray and saves space: This ladder is equipped with a tool tray to accommodate some of your working tools. You won’t have to climb up and down the ladder to pick up or return your work tool. Moreover, this equipment can fold to 1.6″- saving more space.
- Stable step ladder: The step ladder is made of steel. The frame is professionally constructed, putting effort into stability and strength. There is a secure metal buckle that locks when climbing the ladder. Moreover, safety is a guarantee due to the back cross brace structure.
- Non-slip handgrip: The handgrip got a rubber cover making it non-slip when climbing. You will feel safe when climbing with an object in your hand. Further, the pedals got a non-slip rubber to enhance foot support. Also, the ladder’s feet got rubber to prevent slipping and prevent scratching the floor.
- Super step ladder: When open, this step ladder is 58.7″ x 20.1″ x 36.4″. And when folded, it measures 63.4″ x 20.1″ x 1.6″. You see, it’s tall enough to fulfill all your needs. Again, it’s a light ladder weighing 18.5 pounds with a load capacity of 330 pounds. It’s a safe step ladder with four steps made of steel.
What We Like:
- This ladder can be folded to ease storage
- It comes with a tool tray
- It’s a stable ladder
- Non-slip rubber on the handgrip, wide pedals, and on the feet
- 330 load capacity
What We Don’t Like:
- The steps are made of plastic
- Heavier than most ladders
2. Werner 6204 Type 1A Fiberglass Stepladder
Meet this 4-foot stepladder by Werner. It is a strong ladder made of fiberglass. Besides, this is a celebrated material known for strength and stability. The height (5 ft.) is fit for anyone who loves DIY projects within a home.
You can also make it the right choice for printing purposes. We call it a stable ladder as the base covers 38.75 inches, the bottom 21.58 inches, not forgetting the step depth of 3 inches. Moreover, it’s convenient equipment with a drill holster.
- This stepladder is made of fiberglass– a quality material that produces the best products. Fiberglass is resistant to any weather condition, so it’s hard for it to rust. Again, this material doesn’t break so easily and enhances stability. Again, it doesn’t conduct electricity you are safe to use this ladder around electrical wires.
- Standard stepladder: The stepladder will never let you down when fulfilling your needs. The padded feet enhance stability while the handgrip is padded to prevent slipping off. More, its edges are braced to increase durability. Edge bracing protects the ladder against damage.
- Excellent load capacity: You’ll love this 4-stepladder with a load capacity of 300. This makes it perfect for home and commercial use. With the too tray, you can keep your painting tools.
- Holster top: Due to the holster top, this ladder secures the tools to be near you hence increasing productivity. Your tools will be safe from falling. You can take your tools when you need them. Still, you can use it to mount a tripod head.
What We Like:
- 300 load capacity
- Slip-resistant traction
- Braced edge
- Made of fiberglass
- Holster top
What We Don’t Like:
- Some parts are made of aluminum which is a good conductor of electricity
3. Asoopher 3 Step Aluminum Folding Step Ladder
You can go for this step ladder if you need a ladder for some projects within your home or construction site. You can use it to reach cabinets, closets, and shelves or clean the loft and other places. Additionally, Asoopher is a 3-step ladder that is light enough with a load capacity of 300LBS.
Besides, you can comfortably climb the ladder due to the anti-slip treads. Though made of aluminum which can conduct electricity, it’s a durable and stable ladder. When using it, take all the precautions given for your own safety.
- Versatile stepladder: You need a stepladder with wide usage; Asoopher is the right product. You can use this best-size ladder for home use to reach places while standing, like shelves, cabinets, and closets. Also, it’s the best when cleaning places like the loft and other places. You can still use it as a ladder shelf in your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, balcony, living room, and office.
- Durable– Asoopher ladder is made of high-quality material- aluminum. Due to the aviation aluminum alloy, this product is durable with much strength. Moreover, it has a load capacity of 330LBS, which is enough if you are climbing with some loads.
- Foldable: The ladder is foldable, so storing it’s never a hassle. This is due to the flexible components. You can place it anywhere- leaning it against a wall or keeping it under your seats. Again, it weighs 7.9 pounds making transportation easy. You can even carry it with one hand.
- Anti-slip treads: Never worry when using this ladder, as the three steps are equipped with anti-slip treads. They ensure safety and protection when climbing. The ladder also has widespread rubber feet to enhance stability and ensure no floor scratches.
What We Like:
- 330 load capacity
- Anti-slip treads on each step
- It’s a versatile stepladder
- It’s foldable
- Light in weight
What We Don’t Like:
- Aluminum tent to rust when exposed to cold
4. Delxo 4 Step Heavy Duty Folding Ladder
Meet Delxo step ladder- the best step ladder under 100 with unique features. The height is 52 inches, length 34 inches, and width 17 inches when open. It’s a convenient ladder for cleaning higher places within your home. You can also use it to reach cabinets, shelves, and more.
Still, your pets can use it as a stepping stone. Also, its load capacity (350lbs) is overwhelming as you can climb with comfort when holding some loads. Also, it’s light in weight and it can fold, saving space within your room.
- Foldable and light in weight: Weighing 17.5 pounds, this is a light ladder. So, moving with it around your places is never an issue. You can fold this ladder to fit in your small space when it comes to storage making it the best folding ladder for home use. It also makes it convenient when transporting or carrying it. You can consider it for indoor and outdoor use.
- Versatile stepladder– Delxo is a multi-use stepladder. It makes work easier when cleaning, painting, or reaching out cabinets and kitchen shelves. Still, you can allow your pets to use it as a chair or steppingstone. Also, it can be a perfect ladder to reach your loft for cleaning or when storing some items.
- Stable and safe ladder: Though made of aluminum, this stable ladder gives one safety when climbing. The four steps come with a non-slip pattern to prevent slipping off. Again, the rubber feet and the locking hole mechanism enable you to have stability. With rubber feet, you can never see floor scratches.
- Portable: The stepladder is light (17.5 pounds), and you can effortlessly carry it around. It doesn’t matter if it’s open or folded; the same weight. Indeed, it conveniences transportation. With such a weight, it can hold 330lbs. is it not a great ladder?
What We Like:
- Light in weight and foldable
- You can use it in so many ways
- Got non-slip design
- Its assembled from the company
- Excellent load capacity (330 lbs)
What We Don’t Like:
- You can’t disable it
5. EFINE 3-Step Folding Ladder
A stepladder is a necessity in any household or even construction site. Here is EFINE, a 3 step ladder that can serve you well in your home when it comes to changing bulbs, reaching cabinets and shelves, redecorating, and remodeling.
Again, you can consider it for heavy-duty construction as the load capacity is 330 lbs. Also, it’s portable due to its lightweight, so transportation is a non-issue. The rubber feet ensure stabling by preventing slipping on the floor.
- Tool tray: EFINE is a 3-step ladder equipped with a large tool tray. You will not have issues with where to accommodate your tool when cleaning, painting, and doing other things that require a ladder. Besides, you will save time as you won’t be moving up the ladder because of working tools.
- Safe stepladder: This is the suitable stepladder for stability and safety. The frame is made of steel-know for strength and reliability. The metal buckle locks automatically when you are using the ladder. Also, the back cross brace structure provides basic stability that gives you courage when climbing the stepladder.
- Non-slip rubber: The non-slip design of this ladder is fantastic. Check out the handgrip with non-slip rubber and be assured of safety. This eases climbing when carrying something. Also, the leather pedals support your feet when moving up and down the ladder. Moreover, you will be firm on the ground due to the rubber feet entirely on the ground. Due to the rubber feet, your floor won’t get any scratches.
- Foldable: The step rubber can fold to 4.2 inches. Due to this, you’ll save a lot of space in your room. Again, it is easy transportation during indoor or outdoor use.
What We Like:
- Non-slip design
- Highly portable
- Built-in tool tray
- Stable stepladder
- It is a safe equipment
What We Don’t Like:
- The tool tray is not that sturdy
Best Step Ladder Buying Guide- Top Considerations
Our goal here is to take through the consideration that must ring in your mind when buying a stepladder. True, step ladders are of different sizes and forms, and that is why you must be keen when buying one. Choose one that can perfectly serve you well. Always consider a higher step ladder for general use than the lower ones.
To be sure of the functionality and performance of your preferred stepladder, you must confirm the load capacity. Knowing that they are different, they also sustain a certain weight. Some ladders come with a duty rating indicating the amount of weight they can hold.
When shopping for a stepladder, it is advisable to confirm the weight it can hold. It is always indicated in the product description. There are type IAA ladders that can hold 375 pounds. Type IA stepladders can hold 300 pounds. Then the type I ladders that can hold 250 pounds.
Type II holds 225 pounds and lastly type III holds 200 pounds. For you to pick the right stepladder, you need to confirm your weight and the tool that will occupy the built-in tray. Also, some step ladders got tool baskets to hold some equipment.
Though step ladders are foldable, it is wise to find a lighter one. The weight is not the same as the load capacity. If the step ladder is heavy, you may find it tiring to move it from one place to another. Moreover, if you buy a multi-purpose ladder, you must consider a lighter one.
The height of your preferred step ladder must be a consideration. Never go for a short one because you won’t be able to reach higher places or even objects. Always go for a higher ladder to avoid struggle when reaching the roof or objects at a higher height.
Most step ladder ranges from 3 to 8 feet. There are some ladders with two steps that can’t be of help when handling higher places. So, it is vital to consider a ladder that can help you reach the highest places. For example, a 4 step ladder can help you reach the ceiling.
Material of the step ladder
Step ladders are made of different materials. Some are made from wood, while others are made of pure metal. Metal step ladders are durable and more stable with super strength. You know metal can’t decay nor rot. You can go for fiberglass, aluminum, or stainless steel when it comes to metal.
Aluminum stepladders are light in weight, strong and durable when taken good care of. Again, they don’t corrode or rust so quickly unless exposed to moisture. But you can’t use them near the live wire.
Fiberglass stepladders don’t conduct electricity so you can use them around electric wires. They are even more robust than aluminum and steel, but they are expensive. They are the most durable and don’t rust as they are resistant to any weather condition.
Steel stepladders are durable but the heaviest among all. They are the sturdiest, but they corrode so quickly when wet. So, ensure it is dry all through.
Wood stepladders existed before the aluminum and fiberglass ones. They are still available but expensive only that they can’t support much weight. They are not that durable, and they are not resistant to wet conditions.
Setting a budget is essential, but to have a quality product, you must be ready to spend a good amount of money. Mainly, the price of a stepladder will be determined by the kind of material used, load capacity, design, and ANSI type.
If you need one for technical work, you will be forced to spend more. The reason is such equipment tends to have outstanding features. But, you need one for minor tasks within your home; a cheaper one can do you good.
How tall a step ladder do I need?
When it comes to how tall the stepladder should be, remember, that the purpose of the ladder will be a determining factor. Step ladders range from 3 to 8 feet. If you need one that will enable you to reach the ceiling, you need to go for 8 feet. For kitchen use to reach out shelves and cabinets; you can check out 4 to 6 feet.
Which is the strongest type of step ladder?
Steel step ladders are the strongest and more durable than fiberglass and aluminum ones. They provide a sturdy base because of their heavy weight. Though they can rust and even corrode when exposed to moisture, steel stepladders can serve you for many years.
What is the most common type of ladder accident?
You may think owning a ladder is an achievement, not knowing it’s a dangerous tool. Ladders pose some dangers to users if not well handled. When buying a ladder, it is wise always to confirm the health and safety guidelines. Still, one can make a mistake. Fall is the primary type of ladder accident causing cuts and bruises.
Again, you can even break your bones or get some head damage after a fall. You can also get hip fractures, back and neck injuries, and other fatal injuries. So, when buying a ladder, ensure it has no defects, no cracks or breaking, and damages. Choose the right ladder for the job and avoid carrying dangerous objects.
Safety when using a Step ladder
When using a ladder, it is wise to be extra careful by;
- Inspecting the ladder before use
- Facing the ladder when climbing
- Hold the grip firmly
- Ensure your body is centered within the side rails to enhance stability
What is better, aluminum or fiberglass step ladder?
This will depend on want you want. Aluminum ladders are lighter than fiberglass ones. They are preferred on construction sites because of their easy transportation. Again, they are also cheap and preferable to people on a tight budget.
But when it comes to durability, fiberglass ladders are more potent and last for long. Again, they are superior to aluminum ladders as they are resistant to weather conditions. Fiberglass ladders can survive in the sun or rain without rusting or losing strength. So, make your choice on what you think is best for you.
Frequently Asked Question
Are aluminum step ladders safe?
Aluminum ladders are safe so long as you take all the health and safety guidelines. There are some things that you must avoid. It is good to stay away from power lines when using this type of ladder. The reason is that aluminum conducts electricity.
Also, it is wise to avoid exposing this type of stepladder when it is too cold or hot.
Are Werner step ladders good?
Yes, they are good as Werner is a brand producing quality step ladders. They are exceptional step ladders you can use for a variety of tasks. They can be adjustable to extend or retract them to your preferred size. They offer a higher height compared to other step ladders.
When shopping for a step ladder, it is vital to buy a safe one. It is essential to confirm if it’s slip-resistant and perfectly built. This article has elaborated on how you can find the best step ladder under $100. Take time on the considerations.
Additionally, we have featured the best options you can consider to make an informed decision. Take your time to take home a versatile, quality step ladder that can serve you well.
Hi! I am William, the hands and brain behind this site. I am a full-time Interior Designer. I have been blogging for years as I see it as an opportunity to share my knowledge and ideas on Home interiors as well as different improvement topics.